PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
Dinesh DivekarDear member,
After submitting a letter of resignation, when you discovered that the HR portal is not working, then you could have taken the printout of your resignation letter and sent it by speed post to the company authorities. If you did not receive any reply, then what follow up did you do to get a valid acknowledgement from the company? Now, if the company says that they did not receive your letter of resignation, then what options do you have?
Belatedly, even now also, send the copy of your resignation by the speed post. However, now send it under a proper covering letter. Write that though the resignation has been submitted two months ago, you are yet to receive any acknowledgement.
By the way, the letter of resignation is always routed through the reporting authority. Do you have any communication with the reporting authority on your resignation? If yes, then attach it along with the covering letter.
From India, Bangalore
shobhit-kumar-mittalIf the employer communicates with you on Whatsapp, the resignation can be sent on Whatsapp as well. It is now a valid channel for correspondence. - S.K. Mittal 9319956443
From India, Faridabad
KK!HRA resignation can be sent by mail or uploaded on the site. But it will come into existence only when it comes to the knowledge of the opposite party or else it will remain only as a proposal from your side. Is there any verification that your communication was in the knowledge of the other party. Two months is a long period wherein at some point or the other your resignation has come up for discussion or in the records.
While they would have notified you about the resignation portal, has it been brought to notice of all that the portal is not working and suggested the alternative. In its absence your claim has some substance.
At any rate start corresponding expressing clearly your resignation detail and seek being relieved after three months. You may have to force the issue.
Since the organisation is not interested to leave you, you may reconsider the resignation and find a mutually satisfying solution
From India, Mumbai
legal-waysIn addition to what has been said in the above posts. Pls. remember following to aspects:
1) The means of communication your mobile no./whattsapp no., email ID or correspondence address must either be present in your employment form/application form/cv which you had filled/submitted at the time of your joining the job or must have been communicated during your employment to make the communication valid.
2) The communication shall be routed through proper channel i.e. through your reporting manager as he is the one who has to accept, reject, communicate with you/hr/management regarding your resignation. You can mark a copy of your resignation to HR as well for record purpose.
Now. if they fails to acknowledge your earlier communication then take a screen shot/print scren/printout and attach & communicate using above medium to all concerned. Do not forget to give reference of your earlier intimation.
Adv. NEERAJ AGARWAL
Labour Law Consultants & Advisors
LEGAL WAYS LLP
From India, Lucknow
AnonymousYes i have got the communication that all have received my resignation. That's why they wanted to retain me. My only doubt was regarding their portal. If its not working then will they force me to fill that again with new date. But then again my notice period starts with 3 months and 2 months already passed. I have communicated with IT but its hard to get their response on time. As per law mail is valid proof right.
From India, Mumbai
consultmeYou would have tried in this manner
1. Tried to apply via self service portal but failed due to service error in the portal
2. Take a screenshot of the error and open a ticket in your helpdesk or mail to HR or IT helpdesk with cc to your Manager
3. Wait for 1-2 days and if no resolution, tender your resignation via Email, to your manager with CC to HR (as per the separation policy in your organization).
4. If the manager is not acknowledging or responding, request, follow up, follow up till you get a response.
5. If no response and you are finding that it is avoidance, print your sent mail and tender your resignation via Speed Post to your Manager / HR (as per the separation policy in your organization).
Please note that no organization can ignore or avoid the resignation request of any employee, indefinitely. Exit from any contract is a right and no party can deny it unconditionally. As far as employee - employer relationship is concerned, mutual trust and respect are required. However like entry, process to exit from an organization is also important.
From India, Bangalore