I have two PF accounts linked with a single UAN, one was created by a previous organization and the other by the current organization. I raised the PF transfer request online, but my request was rejected by Field Office for the reason "Father Name Mismatch". I checked in the UAN portal and my father's name is correct there.
I don't understand, where is the problem?

From India, Bengaluru
Seasoned Ir Professional
Sr.manager - Hr&admin
Labour Laws & Ir.
Hr Manager

I’m running into exactly same issue. Were you able to get it done?
From India, Jaipur

Please check with your previous organisation UAN no. Previous organisation PF Details not match with your new PF No. Your Previous employer Father's name not match with your Aadhar card.

Please Check.....your previous employer details

From India, New Delhi

There should be some minor spelling difference or in one account the initials or the surname may be put but in the other one it may not be available. EPFO has now a days become an organisation which acts like a private insurance company which always aim at rejection of claims rather than customer friendly. the EPFO first started rejecting the claims for want of minor spelling differences of the members and when the members corrected their names and there existed nothing to reject a claim, they have found another yardstick and that is father's name! And if you go to the EPFO's Office to find out what the exact error is, they won't allow the member to go and meet the officer concerned but has to talk to the last grade employee sitting in the front office. He talks in such a manner that he is the RPFC! I am not blaming him because he does not possess the soft skill to speak to a customer or a member who is the actual beneficiary and the entire EPFO as an organisation including himself is next only to the member. I have raised the issue many times but due to that their behaviour to me might have improved but they continue to show the same with others!!!

Now the solution to this is to first find out what is the mistake committed. For that you have to compare some identity card of your father with the name written in the PF documents. Then you should submit a joint declaration duly signed by you and the employer (either the previous employer or the present employer) and get the name of the father corrected and after that proceed with transfer or withdrawal, as required.

Joint declaration is attached for your perusal.

From India, Kannur

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Joint Declaration Form.pdf (222.5 KB, 119 views)

Hello , Where I have to upload joint Declaration form.
From India

Hi, Joint Declaration form you need to submit through your employer.
From India, Madras

Joint Declaration form, a declaration jointly signed by you (member) and your employer, along with proof in support of the changes required, should be submitted physically to the Employees Provident Fund Office where your company's PF accounts are maintained.
From India, Kannur

This happens due to spelling mistake (clerical mistake), it can be resolved by submitting joint declaration form (used to correct provident fund PF member details) This is a joint form which is to be updated by employee and employer to be signed and submitted to the Regional PF Commissioner (PF Office).

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf PF Correction form.pdf (76.6 KB, 61 views)

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server