I was working for an Indian organization, when I was relieving in the relieving letter my name mentioned is not correct. The name is not what is mentioned in my Aadhar card.
I requested to correct the same to HR. But I have been told it is not possible since it's system generated and we cannot correct my name in the relieving letter.
Suggesting to get an affidavit and submit it to the new organization. The new organization is not ready to accept this and if I have not provided a proper relieving letter, they may revoke my offer letter. What would be the best solution?

From India, Davangere

Prepare youself for senior leadership roles by discovering your unique leadership style →
Promoted: UCLA - Executive Leadership in a VUCA World (Explore Course)
What is the name on the Degree Certificates submitted by you? Is your name in the Adhaar Card different from the documents on the strength of which you got the past/current job? do you have any other id proof that has the exact same name as on your documents? Your query is not very clear to me.

If the past organization is at fault in the issuance of the Relieving letter, they should rectify it. Put an official email stating the facts.

If the company is not at fault then get the notarized affidavit and submit in the new organization. if there is slight variation the organization will accept.

From India, Hyderabad

These days correcting the name in the Adhar Card is easy. You can try that option too and submit proof of it to the new employer.
From India, Mumbai
It is a battle between the HR person refusing to correct a spelling mistake done by himself and the HR person refusing to accept a certificate/ relieving order with a spelling mistake. I don't find any merit in the acts of these HRs. Before refusing to accept a mistake or rejecting a certificate with a small mistake, they should act proactively. The first company has already entered the name of an employee incorrectly in the software. If so what is the big deal in correcting it? If your software does not allow such corrections, hell with the stupid system. I don't think that there will be a software which does not accept changes. But it is due to the attitude of the HR who believes that he is the supreme authority this has happened. He never thinks that HR is only a noble clerk by all means.

There can be some changes, prefixing and suffixing the surnames, in the names. But the role of HR is to understand the situation and accept it rather than rejecting the certificate without finding the truth. Very bad HR practices, I feel.

In this particular case the stick should fall on the HR person who refused to correct the certificate in his system. The only thing that you can do is to mail your grievance to the top management and ask them to take up the matter.

From India, Kannur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server