Hello Everyone, I am working in an IT company as a Sr. HR Executive. I resigned in February'21 & served my 60 days notice period which completed in march end. As there was no person available to manage HR department functions, I didn't leave the company & continued as a part-time HR consultant (with no commitment or bond. meaning I can leave anytime with proper handover). Now that I've got a good opportunity and want to leave the company, the director is not giving me my relieving documents. Please suggest what can be done in this case.
P.S.: already hired an HR executive 20 days back & handover is done.
Thank you.

From India, Delhi
Partner - Risk Management
Advocate & Hr Professional
+1 Other

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


What the company is doing as informed by you is not right.

The company needs to issue you releiving document s including service letter and experience letter.

You may try once more to speak to the concerned person who is to issue the relieving letter. If they fail to respond or evading the issue.

You write a detailed letter recording the period of service in the company your designation and mention you have handed over all yourjobs to the person who was authorised to take over from you.Keep following up after writing the letter.

You can also explain to your current employer your situation and the mail you have sent them.

If they fail to respond you have to explore legal options

V Aswath Hari

From India, Chennai

You are on a contract.
So what stops you from leaving?

You can just give a notice and the time specified in your contract is the additional time you need to serve. You need to inform your new employer that you are on contract and therefore you can not get a relieving letter.

However remember that you will probably need to give this reference for a future job also. A negative background verification may create a problem for you then. So if possible, part amicably.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server