My dad passed away recently due to covid at the age of 53. He had his own business running. Before starting his business he was employed in Press Trust of India, Mumbai. There along with PF, he had made a contribution to the EPS scheme. How do I get the details like how much is the amount and how to claim it. As it's like a financial emergency on my family I really need to get the details. I tried to search some old information in my dad's files but all I got was the EPF number and I really don't have any idea how to use it. Any help will be appreciated.
From India, Nagpur

Get a holistic view of Project Management that would cover modern tools & techniques →
Promoted: XLRI - Executive Development Program in Project Management for Senior Professionals (Explore Course)
As your dad was PTI, Mumbai office- please contact PTI along with the documents you have to know the status of your dad's PF and EPS account. How many years yours dad was in job, when he had left the job, whether any settlement had done by your dad or not etc. - those information are essential before settlement of accounts.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions

From India, New Delhi
Dear Member,

You need not to search any information, you should approach the employer (Press Trust of India). They will give you all detail (PF No., Date of joining, required PF Forms etc.). Pls get ready some basic docs:-

1. Death Certificate
2. Family detail
3. ID Proofs of all family member (Aadhar).
4. Bank detail of Nominee (whoever is eligible for pension).
5. Photos.
6. Aadhar Card of your father.

The attached PPT may help you (I got from this forum itself).

From India, Delhi

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf DEATH CLAIM PROCEDURE-30.05.21.pdf (668.0 KB, 37 views)


as per the post the person was

a) a businessman at present
b) an ex employee of PTI mumbai (direct or through contractor payroll, is not known)
c) contribution period is also not known.

there is no specific date or year mentioned, of joining and leaving the service ( which can be easy trace through the personal bank account of the deceased, because the salary credits would reflect the summery at a glance)

in such situation the summery can be provided by the employer ( claimed to be PTI), and after getting the summery it may be known and cross check with PF that if there is any balance remaining in accounts to be claimed by the nominee, then only the procedural formalities can take place, as most of the people withdraw their deposit balance after leaving the job,

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server