Hello, Hope all are doing well. I have accepted the offer from Cognizant on 18th May, 2021. In the offer letter it is mentioned that the offer is made considering my work experience of 36 months. Now, I have some doubts in how cognizant considers my work experience. Please find below information of my work experience:
1. MRK InnoApps - Software Development Intern (1-Jan-2018 to 14-June-2018) [5.5 months]
This included 2 months of full-time on-site internship followed by 3.5 months of remote internship during my final semester of engineering, during which I have worked on real-world industry projects. I have work experience certificate for the same.
3. TCS - ASE (31-Jan-2019 to 4-Dec-2019) [10 months]
4. Chipmonk Technologies - Full stack engineer (9-Dec-2019 to 27-Jan-2020) [~2 months]
5. L&T Technology Services (6-Feb-2020 to Present) [~17 months]
*My last working day at L&T is June 29th, 2021
Having this, could you please let me know if all the above counted as my work experience or not.
1. If cognizant consider my full-time internship then my total experience will be 40 months.
2. If cognizant do not consider my internship then, my total experience would be 35 months.
In the case of the 1st option, I do not have a problem. But, in the case of the 2nd option, there is a difference of 1 month (15 days indeed, 1C portal considering it as 1 month) as in the offer letter it is mentioned as 36 months. Will this be a problem during background verification?
* However, I hold experience certificates for all the companies I have worked for, including the internship.
My resignation from my current company is not accepted yet. If anyone could please let me know at the earliest I can either proceed with exit formalities in my current company or take back my resignation.
From India, Bengaluru
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
The requirement from a job candidate is to submit the information truthfully. That you have done. You say that you have the relieving certificates for each job that you have done in the past. Then where is the question to worry about? Let the employing company interpret your CV the way wanted to. You have got a chance to work in a branded company. Avail it of without unfounded worries.
Dinesh Divekar From India, Bangalore
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.