Dear All, I have resigned from my position for 60 days notice period as I have received better offer. I am not able to serve the notice period of 60 days however I have will be serving the notice period for 3 weeks. My manager is forcing me to serve 60 days' notice and not releasing me early. Kindly suggest what steps I can do to save my job in the next company and get released from my current company?
From India
Hr Manager
Hr Consultant


Dear Anuj,
You are bind by the terms mentioned in your appointment letter and the rules of the company. However you can have a smooth conversation with your Manager and HR for waiving of your notice period. Assure them how best you can give handover to the replacement. If the matter stretches you can also have conversation with the HR of next company regarding his issue. Best Luck.

From India, Pune

Dear Anuj
Please read the termination clause mentioned in your appointment letter.
No organization can hold relieving letter until & unless you are abiding the conditions mentioned in appointment letter.
Only suggestion for you to abide the separation/termination/resignation clause mentioned in your appointment letter.

From India, New Delhi

Compliance of your separation formalities largely depend upon your relationship with your manager, HR and other managerial personnel.
Try to convince them about your decision and also your support to your existing company,
in case of any problem. Also you may try to explore the possibility of extending your joining time.
What is your length of service with your existing company? If it is more than 3-4 years
you need to abide by the separation formalities including NP. You may also contribute to your company in identifying and training a new incumbent as a replacement to you in your existing company.

From India, Aizawl

Dear Anuj,
You are bound for serving 60 days notice may be due to terms of separation as laid down in your terms of employment.
You can be relived earlier than the period of 60 days, provided the clause of payment in lieu of notice exists in your terms of appointment. The consideration of buy out option still under the consideration of employer because the work of the establishment would suffer till they make an arrangement.
You need to request your manager to consider against buy out option. The present situation completely depends on you how you are going to tackle, if your manager does not agree to your option. First, you need to talk with the HR of the new organization (i) to extend your joining date by 61 days (ii) whether they ready to give you joining without the reliving letter from the present employer. If agreed to point no 1, there is absolutely no problem. In case of disagreement to point no 1 and agree to point 2 then deposit the 60 days amount with 1st employer but do it by a lawyer.

From India, Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server