Dear All, we have engaged contract labor under CLRCA (1970 &1971) Central act, working for a reputed principal employer one of the mining organization. The local labor continuously violating rules and regulations at all the time, we have transformed some of them for other states, they were rejected and called for protection strike, therefore please advise how to handle the situation and further process dings regarding disciplinary actions along with respective ID acts and sections.
From India, Hyderabad

It is not clear as to whether you are the Principal Employer or the contractor, if you are the principal employer then you have no business to trasnsfer or deal with the contractor's labour. You only deal with the contractor and it is for them to deal with their labour. In case you are the contractor, you need to engage fully in the matter. As there are lot of legal implications, it is better to consult regularly specialised lawyers in labour laws at the local level. Broadly speaking when there is a strike situation, you need to bring the matter to the notice of Labour Department officials, seek their intervention, try to get the strike declared as illegal etc. Parallelly you need to work out various alternatives to end the strike.
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server