Anyone can solve my doubt about contact labour.
1 - Where State or Central Contract labour is applicable?
2 - Labour registration for any company is a one-time process or every time when they start a new project.
3 - If a company is working in Gujarat and get the project of state/central/private then In which party I have to applied for labour Registration/Licence?
4 - If company from Gujarat and get the project in Rajasthan (from State/Central/Private) then where will I get the registration/licence of contract labour?

From India, Surat
Pan Singh Dangwal
Joint Manager

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.

Pan Singh Dangwal

Dear Member,

Pls note my clarification:-

1. It depends who is the appropriate Govt for the Contract (either private or govt contract). If the contract/s govern by the State Govt than State Govt will be the Appropriate Govt and if the Contract is come under preview of Central Govt than Contract Labour Act, Central Rules will be applicable. For example if you undertake any contract in any state which comes under Central Govt (Highways, Airports, Central Govt Offices, Railways etc.) in such cases Central Rules will be applicable otherwise Contract Labour Act, 1970 will be applicable which is governed by the State Govt.

2. The Labour Registration and Labour Licence are different aspects. Many Govt Dept. (State or Central) ask the contractor to do Registration with them so that the contractor can bid for tender with the Dept. It can be one time registration or required renewal as per the Dept requirement. But when you got any contract wherein 20 or more (or as notified by the state govt) contract labour is deployed than you have to take Labour Licence from the Appropriate Govt. The Labour Licence is renewed yearly basis.

3. In whichever state your company got the project in the same state you have to apply for the Labour Licence. Even if you got two or more different projects/contracts from different clients than you have to apply separate Labour Licence for the respective Project. You have to apply with the Appropriate Govt jurisdiction.

4. Yes, you have to apply for the Labour Licence in Rajasthan (as per the Appropriate Govt. rules).

Hope the above will meet your requirements, if you have any specific query pls share the same.

Senior please throw more light on the matter.

From India, Delhi
Thank you for your brief explanation which very useful for me.
From India, Surat

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server