Hi Sir's, I have spent 4 years 6 months and 2 days in my current organisation.
Organisation is denying to pay my Gratuity. Is there an option / law/ provision to get it? Can someone clarify and help me here?

From India, Trivandrum
You should have served a minimum of 240 days in the 5th year to be eligible for payment of gratuity.
From India, Bangalore
If you are working in an organization which works for 5 days in a week or less, then 190 days in the 5th year are considered to eligible for gratuity.
From India, Pune

1st of all it is to be determined that the establishment falls under the coverage of factory act or shops and establishment act, afterwards the discussions may be replied properly
have got some bitter experience that an unit with single employee, without any proper registration was going on, the business of the establishment(shop) was seasonal, so the employee enjoyed 3 months off almost every year, no attendance or payment register, but from somewhere he got reply about the gratuity, and generated a mess with the owner.
so before discussion, it must be clear that the establishment is eligible to pay gratuity.

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server