If an employee is joining with our submitting his previous relieving letter, what type of declaration is to be taken where the present employer is not involved in his old issues with his previous employer. Please let me know if any document is there
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Madhavi,
You have asked for the format of the declaration from the employee if he/she joins without providing a proper relieving letter from the past employer. But then why is the employee unable to submit the relieving letter? What is the hold-up? Did he/she give a credible reason?
Whatever the reason may be, it is better to retain only those employees whose past is unquestionable or without a doubt. What if the employee has abandoned his/her duties from past employment? What is the guarantee that he/she has not committed any fraud? Is it not a risk to take on board an employee with a dubious background?
Anyway, if you are so sure then you may ask the employee to submit the following certificate:
Subject: - Certificate on Employment with ______ (complete name of the past company)
1. This is to certify that I was employed in _____________ (complete name of the past company) from _____ (date) to ______ (date) as ___________ (designation). It is further certified that, during my tenure in this company:
a) I was not involved in any theft, fraud, forgery or any other activity of moral turpitude
b) I did not abandon my duties
c) My separation was normal and it did not have any negative connotation.
2. If my above affirmation emerges to be untrue then I accept termination of my services from _________ (complete name of your company)
On receipt of the above certificate, send the official letter to the employee that his certificate will be sent for verification and his /her services are liable for termination if the HR or employer from the past company provides a negative report.
Later, scan the copy of the certificate and send it to the HR of his past company. In case if the reply is not received then send the hard copy of the MD of the company. If a reply is not received then you may give a call and obtain verification.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server