Good Morning to all, My query is under CLRA, as the contractor Labour license is of 150 and manpower increased to 200. But principal employer not ready to amend RC, what should be done in such a case. Plz suggest
From India , Mumbai
Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Pan Singh Dangwal
Joint Manager
Plant Hr Head


Please first check the language of RC. the numbers mention in RC are means employment of that numbers in one day. so as per your query first check either its employed in one day or total numbers of workers are increased. if it is due to absenteeism , then no need to increase manpower in RC.
for example-
in first week employment of 50 workers and in next week 20 workers left the organization and you provide the replacement of these 20 . then total number of any day workers number should not be count more then 50.

From India, Rudarpur
Thank you for reply, but the case is daily manpower increased from 150 to 200. Labour license is only 150. And PE is not ready to amend RC, in such condition as contractor what should be done. Should we show 200 manpower in record? If yes the what is ligality.
Plz suggest.

From India , Mumbai

Dear Pradeep,

The registration certificate of a Principal Employer and the Licence of the Contractor engaged by him have to be amended accordingly whenever changes i.e., - every increase - occur in the total no of contract labor in the Contractor's existing work-specific licence and consequently the no of contract labor in the PE's already issued registration certificate for both the fees are based on the no of contract labor only. Accordingly, if the subsequent increase in the no of workmen under any individual contractor does not cause increase in the no of contract labor mentioned in the R.C, well, the PE can choose not to amend his R.C. But, it should not be the concern of the contractor for he cannot employ more no of workmen than he was licensed to do. Therefore, for the sake of compliance, the contractor has to apply for amendment of his licence due to the increase in the no of contract workmen for the same work.

From India, Salem
Dear Sir,
As a contractor current CLRA license is of 150, and manpower is 200/Day, but PE is not amended RC,
Can I apply for license amendment for 200 Number ?
Will Labour office approve the same
Plz advise.
Thanks & Regards

From India , Mumbai
Pan Singh Dangwal

Dear Mr Pradeep,

Pls note my observations:-

1. In the first instance the PE has to revise the RC, bcoz there may be more contractor working in the establishment. So it is mandatory to Amend the RC.

2. If PE is not amending the RC, still you can apply for the Labour Licence Amendment.

3. Before processing pls get a letter / Amended copy of the agreement from the client in which Increased manpower should be mentioned. Bcoz the Labour Officer can ask to submit relevant docs. There must be some documentary proof/s which certify excess manpower is required/deployed.

4. Moreover the updated Agreement / Letter from the client will be very useful in future reference as well. If the PE deny to give any letter/Amended Agreement than ask the PE to drop a mail to allow you deployment of extra manpower.

5. If PE even deny to drop a mail, than you have to notify the reason and you should drop a mail to the PE "Due to ==============, wef ====== we have to deploy extra manpower. Since in our Labour Licence only 150 manpower is allowed, hence we have to amend the Labour Licence.

I can understand dealing with PE could be little difficult, but with tricky approach (any above metnioned way) you can make the communication and than apply for the Licence Renewal. Now in most states the Labour Licence process is Online, so it can be done easily.

Seniors can suggest more views.

From India, Delhi

Dear Pradeep,
If the principal employer is not ready to get it amended, just write a letter to the Authority under CLRA i.e. DLC/ALC with copy to principal employer to the effect that since the principal employer has requisitioned more employees, your license be amended accordingly and fee, if any be intimated. Generally, there is no reply from the DLC/ALC and by writing this letter, you will be in a safe position if any question is raised in future.
S. K. Mittal

From India, Faridabad
Dear All, Thanks you for your advise finely amended our labour license. Thank You, Pradeep
From India , Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server