PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Freelancer In Hr &indirect Taxes For
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
bijay_majumdarEPFO has policy for one single UAN for ine employee.
It uses only aadhar authentication as main employee creditial. And kyc.
In case of having multipls UAN or epf numbers from different employers, it will always show that you are already regitered and ask for uan mergung to one.
So in my view you can not have two or more UANs with muktiple employers as it is aadar verified.
From India, Vadodara
AnonymousThanks Bijay for the response, I have only one UAN number not two and i am going to submit the same UAN number only to the another employer.
1. My doubt is if i submit the same UAN number to another employer is it possible to generate another EPF number by the employer?
2. If it is possible and i have two active diffrent EPF numbers and both employers contribute to company and A remote job in company B, Both of them will give PF benefits and have TDS, I would like to know is it legal to have two active EPF accounts at the same time?
3. Is there any chances if the both employers will get to know by any chance?
From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53I am not an expert in the ESI and EPF Laws nor do have any working knowledge on those matters.
Yet my common sense induces me to raise some questions on the practice of multiple EPF membership which in my opinion tantamounts to duplicity.
Dual or multiple employment of the same individual under different employers is a complicated issue to be decided by the individual and the employers concerned according to their convenience.
However, when the effective role of the Government is also involved in such a Social Security Labor Law like paying contributions for 3 years in respect of new employees, such an arrangement of multiplicity of EPF or ESI membership in organized employment of a single individual would lead to the questions of legality. Therefore, in my opinion, it is not correct.
In case of no objections for his multiple employment by the employers concerned, the poster can demand higher compensation inclusive of the proportionate amount of the concerned employers' contribution to EPF.
Seniors may throw more light!
From India, Salem
ravinagaralOnline claim rejected due to no NCP contribution received..
From India, Bangalore
in employment mapping, EPFO will auto deactivate the former employer, i.e in the member portal only the latest and last employer will be displayed, and only that would be available for submission of all requests
the issue will arise when the member opt to merge the both passbook, and at that junction, several complications would arise,
1) EPS limit is fixed for individual and not on establishment, i.e if both establishments deposit EPS, then as per law the employee gets entitled for 2X pension, which is beyond the limitation of EPFO
2) in case of any mishap the EDLI claim would go in jeopardy, as both employers have submitted the EDLI, and epfo will cease all claims and issue SCN to both employers
There are multiple complexions, viz both the amounts can never be merged in because there is cascading dual employment
AnonymousHi Annonymous ,
Can you update us as to whether you are still employed as a full-time employee in the company A and a remote job in company B?
If yes, did you face any issue when both Company A and Company B made PF contributions to two different PF accounts under the same UAN number?
From India, Lucknow