Respected All,

Request your input on below situation,

A brief about the case

Our factory is located in Pune Chakan Industrial belt, a year ago our internal union switched their affiliation from one union to another union and in addition to that union also appointed honorary member of the new affiliated union who is founder and president of the union. The same honorary member trespassed our facility with all union workers and shouted loudly on our senior leadership. For the same reason we lodged a police complaint and the matter is under subjudice. After a certain period of time his affiliation cancelled by our internal union. However the honorary member was claiming that union body can not remove him without having a meeting of the general body and kept claiming as he is the member.

After the lockdown and economic crises we had a series of meeting with our union committee and amicably settled and signed an interim agreement of wage deferment of the third wage installment by another year. But some workers did not agree to this and subsequently due to pressure of 60% workers' union leaders also turned back. Meanwhile the union body got changed after the election and all the members who are elected those were in favour of honorary member. Again the same external union leader become officially honorary member of the union and affiliated as well.

Now, the new union committee requesting management to have meeting with honorary member and withdraw disciplinary action initiated against some of the workers. We have already informed to the new union committee that we will not meet him and discuss on any of the topic since this guy is notorious and company has already filed FIR against him.

1. Can Labour department direct us to meet him since he is honorary member of the union ? (honorary member will approach to labour department to seek permission)
2. If Labour department gives permission to have a meeting, can we deny officially to labour department ?
3. Can legal machinery force any management to have the meeting?

Need experts guidance on this

Best Regards,

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server