Dear Friends, I am into BOCW, we have some logistics companies working for us to transport semi finessed products to locations, they all registered under the Shops and Establishment Act, but I think they need to have registration under "THE MOTOR VEHICLE ACT", whether all other acts applicable to MVC: CLRA, PAYMENT OF WAGES, Min wages, Compensation, Bonus, gratuity, PF, ESI, Group insurance etc
From India, Chennai
Dear Shyam,
Your question is not clear to me. The logistics companies working for you are just transporting your products of whatever stage to the locations fixed by you. Therefore, this is purely a contract for service. As such it is not your concern to bother about the labor laws applicable to the employees of the logistics companies involved in the transport operations of your goods.

From India, Salem
Hi Shyam,
In addition to what Mr.Umakanthan has said, I think you mixed up registration under the MV Act with Services under GST/IT. There can't be any escape for a goods vehicle to ply on Indian road without a valid RC. I'm sure the vehicles they let you on hire possess RC & Fitness, emission certificates. That's enough.
If the owners of these fleet have more than 10 vehicles you should examine relevant provisions of GST & TDS so that your goods are not impounded for violations & levy of penalties, compliance of eWaybills etc. Few points are indicated in the attachment for your ready ref.

From India, Bangalore

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: docx GST ON GOODS CARRYING SERVICE PROVIDER.docx (16.2 KB, 16 views)

Where is the question of Motor Vehicle Act here. Are they Logistic companies or parcel services or Courier companies? Have you entered any Agreement with those companies for transporting your goods.

thanks for your kind inputs, sorry for not being active
the vendor is transporting manufactured concrete slabs (20tn) to different location from factory to near by locations in and around which covers 30km in radius, the company had made a contract with the transport company to provide trailers to shift them to the locations, so kindly suggest which license the transport company has to avail, and what are the documents should we maintain as a PE

From India, Chennai
Dear Shyam,
Since the contract between the transport company and yours is only an independent contract for service involving transport of your goods to the desired locations, the CLRA Act,1970 has no application in this business transaction.

From India, Salem

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server