Hi, One of my employee met with an accident while working during COVID. immediately we shifted to a private hospital and completed the treatment for her privately. She covers under ESIC. Now, she is claiming that she needs to leave the benefit provided by ESI. This has happened a month back. Is there any chance to avail of the benefit from ESIC now. please guide and help.

Dear Hanuma,
When ESI covered employee i.e. IP meets with an accident while on duty, you need to send him / her to ESI hospital or ESI panel doctor only for treatment and not to private hospital. You need to also submit accident report to ESIC in stipulated time. This submission of accident report is now on line.
If you have any convincing reason to send the IP to private hospital / doctor, you should immediately inform this to ESIC. In such case you / IP can get reimbursement of medical expense from Corporation by making application.
For getting the leave benefit under ESIC, the leave has to be supported by ESI Panel doctor with whom the IP is registered. No leave benefit will be granted to IP with out medical certificate for leave from registered panel doctor.

From India, Mumbai
Please Login To Add Reply

#Subject List:

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™