Dear All, After having my Aadhaar Verification process done on a unified portal last year around Aug 2019,I initiated a transfer request from my previous organization which got rejected with a reason stating name mismatch.

In my previous organization, my PF account had my name as "Sreejith Menon" but since Aadhaar has middle name as well, my new PF account has the name "Sreejith Rajappan Menon" which has led to the name mismatch.

I registered my grievance on and the team has responded saying "submit joint declaration or online name change request to update the name in PF account number".

But since my previous company has closed its operations and there is no staff currently it is not possible for me to get a joint declaration form stamped by them. Please suggest an alternative.

Freelancer In Hr &indirect Taxes For
Senior Hr Consultant

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Sreejith - PF transfer fails for various reasons - no need to worry. Calm down your mind and let's take a solution-oriented approach here:

1. KYC in UAN Portal is fetched from Aadhaar based authenticated details from UIDAI Portal. There is no way, this can be updated by you on UAN Portal directly, since Aadhaar details will always mismatch. EPFO is right in rejecting your claim for PF transfer.

2. If you can go an arduous way - yet beneficial to you in the longer run - please have your Aadhaar updated with correct or preferred name now. Aadhaar updation happens usually over 2 weeks, post which you can seed fresh KYC details in UAN portal and then it will not mismatch with the Aadhaar details. Longer route but beneficial for you in future also.

3. If #2 is not feasible for you - please submit an online name change request. The process can be followed from EPFO website - it is self-explanatory.

Additional thoughts:

1. Why did your previous employer not update you correct name details as per Government ID proofs? - Today, HR systems only and only take an acceptable Government ID proof to seed data into their systems - your employee profile, e-mail ID, etc are assigned to you basis correct Government ID proofs only.

2. If you have different name records - what you didn't update them over these years realizing the fact that a mismatch in records can deny you essential services like banking, PF, employment, etc.

3. While you try to update your name - it is a pretty serious thing for Government - since everything is so linked these days. You have to start right from your educational documents, other Government ID proofs, etc. to see - what can be you final name records.

Time to act please - do not sit and watch.

From India, Delhi

Activate UAN and initiate basic details change from your end.
If it does not work,
Raise joint declaration, approach company authority to give you stamp and signature.If they closed company, they should surrender epf code too.If its not done, company can not be considered closed.
Last option, rectify your all personal documents like aadhar, pan voting card or any other govt card or doc as per your school certifcates and resubmit.

From India, Vadodara

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server