Suresh N
Hr Associate
Raj Meritech
Executive (hr & Admn.)
Shashi HRD
Hr Professional

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi i would like to know when employee resigns from his Orgn and if he wishes to withdraw his PF amount then what is the entire process involved and the person has served 2 yrs in that Orgn.
Plzzzzzzzzzz Replyyyy me Fast. waiting for reply.can also reply to me at
Akshita :oops:

From India, Chandigarh
There is two ways. one is withdrawing the amount and the other is Transferring the same to new account.
For withdrawl the process is the employee is eligible to apply after 60 days from his date of resignation.
For transfer the employee can apply immediately with the help of his new employer after he joined the new organization.
u can download the formats from
withdrawl forms are Form no 10C & Form19
For transfer - Form 13

From India
There are three another forms e.g Form No. 5,10 and 3A. On Form No. 5 you will mention your date of joining in that organization, Form No. 10 for mention of date of left and Form No. 3A if you was working after April (for current year).

From India, Gurgaon
Dear Raj,
Form No.5 for new joinees, Form No.10 for resignees, form No.3A for yearly returns. That's diferent from PF withdrawls forms. Yo no need to submit that forms in PF office. You get the authorised from your employer after that only you can submit the Form 10c & 19 to the Pf office for claiming.

From India, Madras
Ankitha's clarification is, if the employee resigns and if he wants to get the PF amount back then the formalities are either withdrawl or transer.
Hope i have replied for the same.
ur information is different but it is correct whereas form 5 is new joinees, form 10 is for resignees and form 3A is for annual returns which this particular work have to be taken care by HR person or the company PF consultantant. This we will do it everymonth along with PF remittance.
correct me if i am wrong.

From India
Dear All
Can you please tell me that if an employee resigned 8month ago and he wants to withdrwal PF but due to some reason company wants to some amount from that employee then what could be the procedure .
He should pay that amount and send the fom or their no need to give
kindly tell me what is the procedure

From India, Pune
Hi Mamta
To take back the PF amt the employee have to complete his releving formalities with the organization in good condition.
1. employee is eligible for PF claims after 60 days from his DOL.
2. if an employee has any due to the compnany he has to finalise that first and then apply for withdrawl. the reason is he cannot apply without the employer authorised signature.
3. the rule says the organization cannot hold the employees' amt, where they can file a case. but in ur case i think u can speak to the employee personally and ask him to settle the amt to the company then apply for PF amt. This will help him for a smooth relationship with his ex organisation.

From India
Hiiii Mamta,
Please note that you need to talk to employee in a very effectionate manner to recover the amount from him. Ask him polietly to get his dues clear however as far as PF is concerned, and signature of Employer(or the other Authorised)is required on Form 19 & 10 C, you cannot held it as this amount belongs to his dependants. He may withdarw his PF amount by getting his forms signed by other gazzet officials and may file a case against company.
In future please remember to ask the employees to submitt No dues forms duly signed by all the concerned departments viz. functional, store, Accounts etc.
if you need I can send you a format of no-due form
Shashi kant Upadhyay

From India, New Delhi
Dear Akshita,

First instruct your colligue to obtain No Due Certificate or Clearance Certificate from all the depts.

Follow the following procedure from joining to resigning of an employee.

1. Form 2 - Nomination & Declaration form to be filled up by new comer.

2. Form 5- New employees name to be mentioned along with their DOJ & Father name and period of experiance (can be leave blank).

3. Form 10- (behind the form 5, To be filled the names of the mployees who left the organisaion along with their DOL & Father's name.

4. Combined Challan (I,II,X,XXI,&XXII) before 15th of next month i.e, nov

'07 EPF deduction to be file within 15 days of the next month along with the contractors who have not obtained their individual pf code.

5.Form 12A - Statement showing allocation of amount(Emple's cont+Emplr's Cont) to EPF,EPS,EDLI.

6.Form 5 & 10 + Form 12A to be submitted with the EPF office on or before 25th of the same month.

All these forms discussed are to be done month wise.

*Form 3A of individual employees to be made showing their monthly contn.

*Form 6A - Consolidated Statement of the epf remittances to be made. and

*Form 9A - (Important Register) to be submitted in the month of March for Annual Return of EPF.

If any mistakes found please let me know..


Arabindo Patro

From India, Mumbai
Thanks to Rajeshwari & Sashi for giving me your valuble reply,
i will do accordingly,
i have already taken my service certificate with PF are right we should keep good relation with our pre-employer.
Thanks again

From India, Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™