Hr Manager
Insolvency N Gst Professional

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
dear sir,
I am enquiry officer in domestic enquiry. Worker has requested in writing to allow Union Member as his representative. Interesting point is that , Union Member is also chargesheeted by another charge sheet. Management has opposed his request and said that another Union Member may be allowed.
What is the legal position. please advice.

From India, Meerut
There should be no objection that charged officer is having a union member as his representative. The representative being chargesheeted himself should not be a bar.
From India, Pune
In a domestic enquiry procedure, a worker is always permitted to represent his case with a co-worker in the same establishment/factory in which the delinquent worker is functioning,
irrespective of the co-worker being a union member, or whether he being charge sheeted by management.
Only the matter you need to ascertain, is that if he (co-worker) is charge sheeted for the same case as that of delinquent employee, then you can disallow him and demand the delinquent employee
to bring another co-worker.

From India, Aizawl
There is no bar for a charge sheeted workman / union office bearer in a different case , to represent another charge sheeted workman as co-worker . Certified standing orders invariably have a n enabling provision in this regard
Former Corporate Head - Industrial Relations , MRF Ltd


From India, Chennai
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™