Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
my mother admitted in private hospital in kolkata (wb) but my residence in dhanbad (jharkhand can i apply ESIC for reimbursement
From India, Ranchi
My mother was admitted in kolkata (w b) but my residence in dhanbad jharkhand can i apply esic ESIC reimbursement
From India, Ranchi
Dear Sarfaraz-Ahmad,
Find out first whether the hospital in Kolkatta wherein your mother is admitted has tie-up with ESI Corporation.
If the hospital is in tie-up, you need to give to the hospital your insurance number and id proof of your mother. If aadhar is linked to your insurance number then submit aadhar. You need not to pay any charges to the hospital.
If the hospital is not in tie-up, then you need to immediately inform to the ESI Corporation justifying the circumstances for the hospitalisation with private hospital and not in ESI hospital or tie-up hospital.
You need to pay the bill of this private hospital and then submit an application for reimbursement of bill to ESI.
The reimbursement is given only in case of emergency hospitalisation and there is not ESI hospital or tie-up hospital nearby or the circumstances forced you to admit in private hospital. You need to inform this to the respective ESI office immediately.
ESI will take decision whether to reimburse the bill or not after considering various facts.
There is a procedure for applying for reimbursement of bill paid to private hospital that I request you to find out from ESI office or from your employer. The procedure varies from place to place to my knowledge.

From India, Mumbai
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™