A group of 4 people belonging to one family (neighbours) called me and my father to come out of our house. When we came out, they started hitting us using an iron rod, axe and bamboo sticks just for a water pipe leakage scenario. Also they have thrown stones and misbehaved my mother. We have lodged a case in their names in the police station for using mass attack, illegal weapon, attempt to murder, woman harassment, etc. However, as a counter case, they have given an FIR against me and my father stating that we have entered to their house and have bitten them initially.

I am a PhD student and have a very good career with a lots of research papers. I just want to know whether an FIR related to my name can cause any problem in getting job as a Researcher or Lecture in both government and private sector in India?

From India, Bhubaneswar
Dear Priyaranjan,
Mere registration of FIR under CrPC by the Police cannot have any adverse effect on employment or education of the person concerned unless proceedings must have started based on the FIR and pending in a Court of LAW or the individual getting convicted.
If you desire to be more cautious about your future employment or further studies, better consult a Lawyer and take steps to quash the FIR u/s 482 of the CrPC.

From India, Salem

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server