Legal Consultant
Insolvency N Gst Professional
Compliance Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Kindly help me out this, My company imposed to take a Leave without pay from April to June (quarter) due to Covid 19, but biggest problem how can I survive my family, can I take any legal action against company, let me know it's already gone to 15 days
From India, Delhi
Country is going through tough times.
Companies are also under stress.
Non payment is indeed a serious matter,but if you look at it practically,employer may really not be having cash.
Try and discuss with the company, As going to court may not produce any timely effect.
It is always safe to keep at least 6 months living expenses in an FD with a PSU bank only.
Legally the directive to pay for locked down period may not stand in a court of law.

From India, Pune
As rightly mentioned by our learned friend do not do anything which may further jeopardize your position in the company. This is a temporary phase where your health and those of your near and dear are more important than anything else. What sort of action would you take at this time? Any legal action is bound to take more time than talking it over or tiding over the crisis. Have some patience and see that you get your job back at the earliest possible time before contemplating anything which is time and money consuming.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Rishab,
In my Opinion:
As per extent Govt guidelines, it is mandatory for the company to pay the salaries of the employees. The Govt has issued directions under the Disaster Management Act only for the period of lockdown. Hence if a suit is initiated against the company it will stand in the court of Law.
However, You have to look tat the Long term prospects with the company. As a perceived recession in the economy, the company will be rationalizing staff in near future.
The general trend in most of the corporate is that there is a mutual reduction in salary taken up by the Managerial category , Hence initiate an unofficial discussion first with the company for some pay , say 50 % and if agreed only then communicate the acceptance formally.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™