We are situated in a SEZ and have land loser as our employee. we want to take some disciplinary actions against them. please guide..
From India, Ahmedabad
First of all you need to study the conditions of acquisition of land for your SEZ. I don't think any conditions contained therein, if at all any, infringe your right to initiate disciplinary action against an erring employee. It's obvious you need not have separate set of HR policy for 'land loser' employee exclusively. If so I don't think you'll be prevented from initiating disciplinary action against charged employee.

From India, Bangalore
The employee got the job on ground of land he lost in process of land acquisition for the SEZ. It is not a new thing that has happened but everywhere this scenario is existing. You have to very cautious before initiating any action otherwise this may create serious situation. Since, a group of employees are involved in misconduct, your management need to escalate the matter to the district administration(Collector), You need to meet the Collector and appraise in person & in writing because the Collector is the chief administrator for all sorts of land acquisition. The DM will do the best be bold & stubborn on issue. It would be better to prepare a memorandum by the all the members of SEZ or Chamber of Commerce or FICCI to send to collector & Minister Industry, how SEZ suffers.
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server