Dear All, We have one query of house rent exemption of employees if he/she transfer from one place to another place or newly joined in organisation.
If employee transfers :- Can he avail HRA exemption for both places (A) for his family rent payment to earlier posting place (B) For rent payment to present place.
As per Income Tax act what is the rule to get rent exemption for both places.

From India, Raipur
Hi Rakesh,
HRA can be claimed from both places from both employers only for such duration and only for the places which employee used. He / she can not claim HRA for parents rent.
New co. will consider HRA from the month of joining.

From India, Pune

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server