Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Employee filed case against minimum wages settlement on bench if labour commissioner dpt at Tamilnadu (Indian minimum wages act 1948).the case judgement in favour of employee.that employer should pay all wages pending and with compensation within 3 months from judgment .But still 8 month left the employer not settling the payment and also not filed any upper case regarding the judgment . employee filed an petition to labour commissioner Tamilnadu they not taking any steps for us to recovery the amount.
Now what further steps employee want to take to receive the amount as per judgment...

From India, Coimbatore
Dear Karthik,
Your narration of the case seems to me unclear.
Whether the orders directing the employer to pay the wages with compensation was a judgment passed by a Court or an orders u/s 20 of the MW Act, 1948 by the authority under the Act in a claim petition?
My presumption is that it must be an orders passed by the authority on a claim filed by the workman. In such a case, for recovery of the awarded amount, the workman should approach the same authority so that he can submit a request u/s 20(5)(b) of the Act to the Judicial Magistrate for the area to recover the same from the employer as if a fine imposed by the Court.

From India, Salem
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™