Labour Law & Hr Consultant

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Professionals
An employee has resigned recently, after 3 years in employment with us. He has accumulated 12 days PL. As per S and E act Tamilnadu, should we compensate for these 12 days PL when we make the F and F settlement.
Please provide clarity. Thanks

From India, Chennai
Dear Jaya,
Strictly speaking, the payment in lieu of the accumulated PL need not be made in view of the wordings of sec.25(3) which specifies such payment only in respect of discharge by the employer or resignation after having applied for such leave but been refused.
But most employers magnanimously permit encashment of unavailed PL on resignation.

From India, Salem
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™