I have signed a bond for rupee 100000 for 2 years in a 100 or 200 rupee stamp paper, so If I leave the company say when I complete 1 year so I will have to pay 50000 rupee to them. I asked them to give me copy of bond paper but they denied giving the inappropriate excuses. Now I am really concerned that I dont even have bond paper copy then why shall I pay 50000 to them. Also if I don't pay, they wont give me relieving letter.
From India, Pune
Loginmiraclelogistics & Management)
Senior Manager

This is an issue many of the employees are facing. Having signed the bond it's obvious one has to face the consequences, especially when situation arises to get a relieving letter. A clear relieving letter is an important doc for anyone's career prospects. Therefore I can only suggest handle this carefully so that you can avoid running into risks in your early days of a promising career. Having a copy of the bond or not is a different question. But what if they take you to the court based on the original bond which is in their possession? Moreover unless it's settled there is no chance of getting a clear RL which is an unavoidable doc to continue your career.Try to settle it amicably. May be you may have an inkling to fight it out in the court which is a longdrawn process that you know.
From India, Bangalore
I am ready to pay them bond money of 50000 rupees but they are not agreeing to give me the copy of bond paper, so it is obvious that how can anyone give money when he/she doesn't have the paper with them. Also at time of joining they didn't say about too much of rotational shifts which I am doing now.
Shall I go for RTI then, if they don't give me copy of the bond paper ?

From India, Pune
Bond is not legal, even if both parties sign it , if justifiable expenses are not there for training etc.
Bonds and agreements to withhold an employee is illegal. The company can recover the actual cost of any training provided to employee through these bonds. In your case did the company provide you any training? If not, why the company is asking for money?
If the company can file a suit before the court to recover the money, but they will not have much chances if you fight properly.
Let the company demand you the Rs.50000 in writing and then you can start defending yourself by replying with a lawyer notice.

From India, Jubilee Hills
I think, the moot point here is the clear Relieving Letter, whether crucial or not. Once he doesn't mind, then he as well , if they agree, can join and deal the demand if and when arises according to his will. It's well known, they may agree or may not agree for the 50k in cash, it's not his option to exercise. Secondly, in the event taken to court, cost & time will tell what to do, irrespective of the end result, based on past cases settled mostly in favour of the impugned (employee side). RTI won't work (You can get information pertaining to private entity [private schools, colleges, coop societies/banks, private sector banks and insurance companies, public/private trusts, private service providers, public limited companies etc under section 2 [ f ] of RTI Act. While Seeking Out Information From Private Organizations: The Right to Information Act is applicable only in case you wish to seek information relating to the government. RTI does not apply in case of private bodies such as Amazon, Flipkart, Vodafone and so on).
There are also other views reg.RTI- pl.go thru' this link

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server