Dear Friends,
We have a corporate office in Delhi which is registered under Shop & Establishment act , recently One Factory inspector visited our Office & asked to obtain the Factory licence as well , We show our Shop & Establishment registration and told him since we are not performing any manufacturing activity here so Factory licence will not applicable.
Still Factory inspector advising to obtain the factory licence .
As per my understanding Factory licence shall not applicable, Requesting you please provide your suggestion on the applicability of Factory licence here & strong facts to deal with the Factory Inspector.
Thank You,
Navneet Kumar

From India, Mumbai

Hello Navneet,
Pl.go thru' the discussion on the matter in this link-
To my knowledge, since the is located away (and is not a 'Factory') and you said it, "no manufacturing is happening there" as per the Factories Act, I don't think your Inspector is right in insisting for a regn. under FA. Don't yield to his pressure. And what's your business, trading? Then you are right.

From India, Bangalore

Corporate office need not be registered under Factories Act. But keep all statutory registration under Shops & Establishment Act.
From India, Aizawl

Dear Friend,
From which angle the Factory Inspector advised you to obtain the factory licence is not clear from your posting.
Ask the inspector to issue a letter to you for obtaining factory licence instead of registration under Shop & Establishment act. On receipt of the letter would clarify the reasons for asking to obtain Factory licence, till that time you stay calm.

From India, Mumbai
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear colleague,
Has the FI put his remarks in any Inspection book?
If yes, reply to him stating that since no manufacturing activity is carried on in the premises of the establishment , it does not come within the preview of the Factories Act.
If has verbally told, then sleep over it.
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR - Consultant

From India, Mumbai

Hi Navneet,
It appears he is targetting you to extract "something" posing as if you are violating in appropriate Rules. I can suggest you, better maintain an Inspection book and ask him to write down his remarks therein and say that you will reply to his remarks after consulting your advocate. Or ask him to issue an official letter so that you can reply adequately. Also check your regn.certificate under Shops Act, under Professional Tax, whether still valid or expired/to be renewed. Further, adhere to the labour strength indicated therein. If different now, probably you should get it amended & renewed within validity.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.