After the death of parent how can i close the bank account - What is the procedure? - CiteHR
Retired Government Servant/advocate
Sr.manager - Hr&admin

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
How can i close the bank account of my parents.because they have no more. My father was a railway employee.He was a retired person. My mother is no more. What is the procedure according to this problem? Please i request you to solve this problems.
Community Prime Sponsors - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA.
If your Father and Mother hold joint account with Bank please submit a letter to the bank about their demise (death) along with their death certificate and also legal heir certificate. In case of any balance money in their bank account with the support of legal heir certificate balance money will given to the legal heir /s.
If your Father and Mother hold separate Bank account please submit separate letter for each account.
If your father/mother had designated any nominee, he/she can close the account, get the balance money in account and distribute the same among the legal heirs.
First please check the railway about dues if any, payable to your father. Normally the funeral benefits would be given to the legal heirs. Then check the bank that your father had got any personal loans based on his pension salary. Get Death certificate and Legal heir certificate of your father and mother. If more than one legal heir, Get NOC from other legal heirs. now approach Railway and bank.
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™