Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Freelancer In Hr &indirect Taxes For

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I am currently working in Delhi and its minimum wage rate effective after Oct'19 is Rs. 19,522.
but few of us are getting basic below than this.
What can we do?
I have asked this question from 2 perpective.
1. If i am facing any interview and interviewer asked me this ques what should i answer because we cant give such a huge hike to employees. (need to give ans from employer side.)
2. Being an employee what can i do, should i ask to follow rules and provide hike?

Hi, You need to inform your employer of the differential amount and convince the inclusion in salary. The management shall have to review the point and take necessary course of action.
Option 1- Update employer about this disparity
Oprion 2 - If your employer is not agreed for regularising the wages
a)If you are able to fight back, complain to labour authorities.
b)If you think you are in need of job,
Continue and try to get nex best opportunity at some good reputed firm.
c)Hr in companies know everything about labour compliance and wages management,so to challenge them you must have strong proofs to prove your point.

Dear friend,
At the outset, I would suggest that you have to ensure that yours is a scheduled employment under the Minimum Wages Act,1948 and minimum wages have been fixed under the Act by the appropriate Government.
If the answer is "yes", you can formally bring the fact to the notice of the employer and request him to raise your existing wages on par with the statutory minimum wages effective from the original date of notification of the rates and pay the arrears, if any forthwith.
The modus operandi of filing claims against non-payment of minimum wages and their disposal have been elaborately dealt with u/s 20 of the MW Act,1948 and you can make a thorough reading of the same and decide the methods of filing claim.
If you are apprehensive of any retaliatory action by your employer for obvious reasons, you can ask your own trade union functioning in the industry or any other trade union for general workers in the area to take up the issue with the employer and in case of no response, to file claims u/s 20(1) of the Minimum Wages Act,1948 before the Authority who will normally be a Deputy Labor Commissioner for the area.
Alternatively, you can request the Inspector under the Act to file such claim on your behalf.

Thank you so much for your views, helped me to find out the solution.
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™