Disciplinary Action - employee enters during night in premises and calls family informing them that the person has been put on night shift - CiteHR
Insolvency N Gst Professional

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I need guidance on sort of disciplinary action to be taken on an employee, who enters during night in premises and calls family informing them that the person has been put on night shift and later leaves the premises. Does this falls under organizational purview. What action must be taken by organization in such condition.
Community Prime Sponsors
FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS.
Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA.
At the outset there is something wrong with your security system, that an employee, not belonging to the particular shift, has got an access to the Factory premises, that too in night. Correct the system first, which is most important. The misconduct as alleged, even if he is an workmen or not , he should be issued with a charge sheet, for riotous and disorderly behavior, and unauthorized entry into Factory premises, without proper permission, and disturbing other workmen while performing their normal duties. either under approved standing orders / model standing orders or under code of discipline. If the alleged charges are proved, considering his past record, he deserves serious punishment, as a deterrent to other employees also.
What he tells his wife is not in company purview.
But entry in the factory especially when his shift is not there is violation of security.
Worker needs to be counselled n security tightened.
As an employee he has the right to enter the work spot.
Factory rules can be clearly spelt n informed so that employees on a particular shift only enter.
Needs careful tackling and promptly nipping such cases in the bud.
You need to have complaint to act upon. You can call for explanation as per the mis-conduct of your establishment. The people are affected can lodge FIR for such activities.
Thanks a lot everyone for suggestions and guidance.
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™