Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Software Engineer

Prime Sponsor - FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear All, I had verbal dispute with one of my neighbour/lady staying on upper floor due to some leakage issue from the top floor. Though I did not abuse or threaten her but I put my grievance very loudly. It was noticed by almost every neighbour in my society. Now, there are very high chance that, she will file Criminal Case or FIR against me, even, I have given written apology. At the same time, I am also planning to change my company. I am not sure, how does it will impact my career. Do I need to disclose it to my new employer HR before resigning from current employer.
Thanks & Regards
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Dubey123,
Indian police are too busy handling actual crimes like theft, housebreak, mugging, physical assault or even murder. What you have done could be a crime as per the textbook but for police personnel, it may not be. Even if they entertain, they will try solving the dispute by taking your apology. Secondly, they could call you with some different interest in mind. In all its probability, an FIR may not be lodged. Therefore, relax nothing will happen to your career.
Nevertheless, if you take the incident as a lesson and control your irascibility the better!
Dinesh Divekar
Thanks a lot Dinesh for your reply. And that is what my lawyer is saying too. How ever I am thinking worst case scenario where she is able to file the criminal case against me then how it will impact my career and should I inform this to my new employer?
Thanks and regards
Prime Sponsor - Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™