My question as below:-
Employee present up to 31 st July 2018, Without information he has admitted hospital than left from hospital to native place.
Full month of August 2018 he got treatment but unfortunately he was died on 03 September 2018.
Employer not shown his name in ECR for the month of August 2018 & September 2018.
My question is that:-
(1) Can employer is presently able to generate new on zero value ECR for the month of August 2018 & Sept. 2018.
(2) Can his wife is eligible to get pension from EPFO.
(3) Can his wife is able to get EDLI amount.
Hope your valuable reply in this matter.
Sundar Lal Chhaparwal
From India, Jaipur
1) not showing the name in ECR is not a major issue, employer can update his date of exit 04/09/2018 with reason "death" ( no other reason please)
2) Nomination forms completed and submitted to EPFO at the time of joining are present in employer file, take copy and if he has nominated wife as nominee then surely wife would be able to claim by filing form 20 (EPF) and 10D (Pension)
3) form 5 IF should be submitted by the registered nominee
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.