Insolvency N Gst Professional

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Last year ,I was asked to quit the company by my employer and was provided compensation of 3 months salary plus other benefits.
But this compensation is not mentioned in form 16' s section 89 part instead they incurred it in the gross salary.
To claim tax exemption in section 89 , can I directly fill the form 10 e or I need to get the consent from my ex-employer and request for new form 16?
Thanks in advance

Income will be taxed in the year of receipt.
But they can be apportioned to relevant years using form10 e to minimise IT.
Permission of ex employer is not needed

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™