Sr.manager - Hr&admin
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi, Please help me for recover amount from employee.
Our company has working is service industry and our client has debited large amount due to mistake of our employee. We have deducted evry month some small amount from employee monthly salary, accordingly monthly deduction will take upto 5 years for recover full debit amount. If employees has abscond from duty, company will face financial loss. Company can hold or stop PF withdrawal process till recovery amount received or any other idea for recover it.

Hi Ritesh, You have not hold the employee Pf amount as per PF act.
PF is statutory employer cannot hold it.
As an alternative, collect post dated cheques from the employee with a self declaration in stamp paper about the purpose. Employee has to honour the cheques and in case of bounce of cheques criminal case can be filed against him.

Employer cannot hold the PF of employee and if he does so by not Authorizing employer will be liable for prosecuting if employee file a case with labour commissioner
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™