Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Senior Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
can I fight with my company regarding the not received increment due to resignation. Is there any clause if a employee is resigned, he may nto get received increment.pls. help me in this regards.
From India, Jubilee Hills
Dear Sridhar,
Annual increment is an internal matter of the company and it is not covered under the provisions of the labour laws.
You may "request" your company to consider your name for the annual increment but it is not advisable to "fight" with them. If you have resigned, then you must be under the notice period. These are not the days where you can antagonise the company's officials. Yes, the mention of the higher remuneration on the last payslip always matters. However, raise this issue politely. No superiors or someone from HR can be rubbed the wrong way.
General comments: - When the company is due to release the annual increment and during this period, if some employee resigns then should the company withhold the annual increment of that employee? This is a question to moot. If the company wishes that their ex-employees talk positively about the company, then naturally they will not bother for forgoing a few thousand Rupees. However, if the cost-consciousness outweighs the brand image of the company in the job market, they will resort to this kind of thing.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™