[email protected]
Finance Manager
Sr.manager - Hr&admin
Senior Manager - Human Resources

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I want to know whether i will be applicable for gratuity or not? My company changed their name 2 years back so will be eligible for gratuity?
Who can help me to get gratuity legally. Since company has denied past employees who have worked more than 5 years.
What all documents needed to submit for legal process?"

From India, Jalalpur
Five years of continuous service is the eligibility for Gratuity.
Even though your employer had changed the name of the company for the purpose of Gratuity they should consider old employee's service as continuity of service. However if there is a break-in-service between two companies employment with new employee number and PF number Employer can deny gratuity openly.

From India, Madras
The change is company name does not affect your eligibility for gratuity provided you have worked for 5 years. Please take your appointment letter, salary slip, PF statement from 1 st month of your service and approach the Labour Authorities in the area where your company office is located. They will further guide you as to how to file the complaint with them and then they will call the employer for further discussions.
Adv. Manish Gadre

From India, Mumbai
Hi Changes in the company name will never ever affect your eligibility for gratuity, upon completion of 5 years you may make an application for gratuity if you would like to exit. Regards Manimaran
From India, Bangalore
While transition from old to new company whether the company has exchanged any letter to you, please give details so that accordingly the members can guide you.
As mentioned by Shri Laxminarayanan if the company has given new appointment with new PF Account, you will not be in a position to prove that you were with the same company for over a period of 5 years and above.

From India, Ahmadabad
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™