I want to know whether i will be applicable for gratuity or not? My company changed their name 2 years back so will be eligible for gratuity?
Who can help me to get gratuity legally. Since company has denied past employees who have worked more than 5 years.
What all documents needed to submit for legal process?"
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Five years of continuous service is the eligibility for Gratuity.
Even though your employer had changed the name of the company for the purpose of Gratuity they should consider old employee's service as continuity of service. However if there is a break-in-service between two companies employment with new employee number and PF number Employer can deny gratuity openly.
The change is company name does not affect your eligibility for gratuity provided you have worked for 5 years. Please take your appointment letter, salary slip, PF statement from 1 st month of your service and approach the Labour Authorities in the area where your company office is located. They will further guide you as to how to file the complaint with them and then they will call the employer for further discussions.
Adv. Manish Gadre

Changes in the company name will never ever affect your eligibility for gratuity, upon completion of 5 years you may make an application for gratuity if you would like to exit.
While transition from old to new company whether the company has exchanged any letter to you, please give details so that accordingly the members can guide you.
As mentioned by Shri Laxminarayanan if the company has given new appointment with new PF Account, you will not be in a position to prove that you were with the same company for over a period of 5 years and above.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™