1) No EPF money is not taxable as your service period is more than 10 years. Tax is applicable only if withdrawal is before 5 years and amount is greater then 50,000/-.
2) If you are unemployed for more than 2 months from your relieving date you can apply for EPF. Alternatively you can transfer the same to your new employer PF account, which is like a savings for you, for your retirement age.
3) You need to apply EPF through UAN portal and the amount will be credited to your Bank account which is linked to your UAN login. No cheque payment will be given.
4) Full and final settlement has to be cleared by your ex-employer which is supposed to be in one cheque.
5) IF your UAN is already active (Aathar /PAN verified) it will be cleared soon. time frame vary from zone to zone.
since you have completed 14 years you are eligible for Gratuity amount also. If not claimed you may claim it.
16th July 2019 From India, Madras