Hr And Soft Skills
Sr.manager - Hr&admin

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear Sir / Madam
If an employee leave the job without any notice to the organisation what are the actions to be taken ?
Is any options for organisation can hold employee money for job security ? (Like PF any other options who are not covered PF)
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi Ramesh,
If an employees abscond from duty without any information, first HR should try to reach him/her over phone or through other possible sources. Alternatively HR can try to reach the emergency contact number (who is supposed to be the family member of the employee)
If HR is not able reach the absconded employee and his emergency contact, over phone in spite of multiple attempts a warning letter can be served to employees permanent and temporary address provided as per his personal file records. The letter should be served through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due (RPAD). In the warning letter some reasonable time frame has to be given to the employee to report back.
In most of the cases such absconded employees tend to contact HR after receipt of the warning letter justifying some reasons for absence from duty or their in ability to continue.
If the employee fail to respond back to warning letter (either in writing or by reporting to office) a second warning letter can be served referring first warning letter and in case of no response termination of contract of employment can be served to the absconded employee. The above is generally followed disciplinary process in corporate sector. Other way if the establishment is a factory with Unions the process will be different.
All correspondences including the RPAD receipt should be safely preserved in the file. In case the RPAD is bounced back the same should not be opened by HR and should be filed as it is.
In general as per the principles of natural justice an employee should be given sufficient opportunity to report back and any hasty termination process may back fire in future if the employee approach labour court for unfair termination.
Further you cannot hold PF or gratuity payable to employee as they are statutory.
However gratuity can be forfeited if an employee's services has been terminated due to:
His/her riotous or disorderly conduct or any other violent act & Committing an offence involving moral turpitude.
Nowadays many corporate tend to forfeit the full and final settlement payable to employee (like salary /leave encasement /LTA etc) against the notice period which is also not right. Due to this practice nowadays employees are also absconding from duty exactly after credit of salary.
Mr. Lakshminarayanan is correct. You have to give opportunity to the employee for defending his case. You cannot attach PF or Gratuity.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™