Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
One of our employee Expired last month. He was with us for 2 yrs. His legal heir -wife is asking for gratuity. Kindly Advice.
Not clear whether you have tie up with LIC under Group Gratuity Scheme. If you have tie up with LIC for Gratuity you can process Gratuity for the deceased employee through LIC.
If you don't have tie up with LIC, then your employer is bound to pay Gratuity for 2 years since the nature of exit is due to death. As per the provision of Gratuity Act the deceased employee is eligible for Gratuity though number of years is less then 5 years.

Thanks for your prompt do not have a tie up with LIC.
pl.let me know how much gratuity we have to his Basic is Rs.15,000/-P.m.& as we say his date of joining is 1/2/2017.Expired on 19/3/19.
& let me know that successor certificate is required from his wife.
Jayant Nisal


The Gratuity calculation will be 15000/25 x 15 x 2 years, the successor certificate is good to ensure the payment made is to the legal heir/successor
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™