My query is we are a hiring a employee who has completed 58 year , his salary is less than 15000/- it is necessary to take in Provident fund according to the act.
kindly guide line.
Thanks and Regards
22nd June 2019 From India, Ahmedabad
Even if you bring him under PF, he will not be eligible for pension contribution. Alternatively you may hire him as Retainer or consultant with applicable TDS on consultant fee.
22nd June 2019 From India, Madras
It means we have to prepare contract? or any other style kindly explicit , EPFO will ask any explanation.
Because Less 15K and same amount will deposit in his account.
22nd June 2019 From India, Ahmedabad
He should be a member of EPF.The whole amount of employer's share of epf should go into his epf a/c,nothing to eps.
23rd June 2019 From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Respected V.M. Lakshminarayanan,
Your answer is perfect. I would like to refer to your format for such agreement (Consultation Agreement). Could you please share your format once to ?
Thank you in advance
24th June 2019 From India, Rajkot
Hello Mit,
Please refer to the Gazette Notification GSR 440(E) dated 25/4/2016.
In its section B(3) it states that an employee can defer pension with contribution by submitting request letter to the Field Office.
Conditions apply.
Please visit the link:
Team HRM for Non-HR Managers
Gujarat University
hr4nonhrgu at gmail dot com
26th June 2019 From India, Raurkela
But may be there is TDS matter for consultation chages Kindly check & confirm the same.
18th August 2019 From India, Mumbai
I have to Suggest if possible continue in Employee.
18th August 2019 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™