Thread Started by #jitender-bedi

Company applies for VISA to its employee for business-work related purpose. SO company bears responsibility for his/her stay in abroad.
Now what should be done if employee left company while his/her VISA is still valid. Should Company apply for VISA termination as it could be used otherwise.
Please guide.
19th June 2019 From India, New Delhi
It depends. Are you referring about other countries Business visa or US H1B visas ?
If it is US H1B visa Employer can terminate by informing to US immigration services. If employee is based at US at the time of termination return airfare cost to be provided to the employee and his family also provided they stayed along with the employee. However if the request for relief is from employee, employer is not under obligation to provide return air fare. In some companies they will recover the visa cost paid by the employer for normal business visa obtained for business travel.
19th June 2019 From India, Madras
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™