Thread Started by #Jasminebaluja

Hey !!!!
I want to ask a question if i work in a company which is belongs to manufacturing of some product. On that company workers and employers both are working so which act we should apply in that case ?
17th June 2019 From India, Delhi
It depends upon the predominant activity carried on in the particular place of employment. If the manufacturing process is the major activity and other are only incidental , then the Factories Act,1948 would be applicable to all those employed therein.
19th June 2019 From India, Salem
I think your article mentioned a certain aspect of the problem. I think it has a lot more to study than that run 3
20th June 2019 From Vietnam, Hanoi
Dear Jasmine,
If your process of work is as per definition of manufacturing process ( section 2(k) of Factories Act, 1948) & if you are employing 10 or more workers with power & 20 or more without power during the preceding twelve months then you are covered under the Factories Act otherwise you will be covered under State Shops & Establishments Act.
20th June 2019 From India, Delhi
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™