When employee abscond from work without any information, first you need send a Warning letter (through RPAD) advising him to report back to duty. If he/she fails to respond/report back even after receipt of warning letter, termination letter can be despatched. Carry out the process with sufficient time frame and please do not be in a hurry to terminate.
20th May 2019 From India, Madras
1. Issue a a) Charge-Sheet / Show Cause Notice/Explnation -seeking Letter
b) mentioning Date from which Unauthorizedly Absenting as per Attendance Record
c) informing him/her that the said Unauthorized Absence amount to Act of Misconduct for which s/he is liable to Punishment by way of Discilinary Action and
d) asking him/her to Submit his/herWritten Reply/Explanation in defence as to whu Disciplinary Action should not be taken;
2. On receipt of Written Reply Or in case No Reply is submitted in next Three Working Days because s/he refused to receive the Posted Envelope containing the Charge-sheete or the Same was Returned Undelivered by Postal Dept Remarks;
3. Get Office Order issued by Authorized Signatory ordering Enquiry into the Charges levelled in accordance with Principles of Natural Justice;
4. The Enquiry Officer or Committee issues Enquiry Notices advinsing Absenting Employee to particpate in Enquiry Proceedings on the Date, Time and Place of scheduled Enquiry; and
5. On conclusion of Enquiry or Ex parte Enquiry, Enquiry Officer/Committee should submit Enquiry Report with Definete and Conclusive Findings;
6. ACopy of the Enquiry Report be issued to the said Employee for submitting his/her Representation, if any aganist the Enquiry Report & Findings; and
7. Thereafter, as the case may be , the Punishning Authority to apply his/her Mind to Qauntum of Punishment to be imposed for the acts of proven Misconductbwhich must be Proportionate, NotArbitrary.
Kritarth Team of Serving Enquiry Officers,
20 May 2019
20th May 2019 From India, Delhi