When employee abscond from work without any information, first you need send a Warning letter (through RPAD) advising him to report back to duty. If he/she fails to respond/report back even after receipt of warning letter, termination letter can be despatched. Carry out the process with sufficient time frame and please do not be in a hurry to terminate.
1. Issue a a) Charge-Sheet / Show Cause Notice/Explnation -seeking Letter
b) mentioning Date from which Unauthorizedly Absenting as per Attendance Record
c) informing him/her that the said Unauthorized Absence amount to Act of Misconduct for which s/he is liable to Punishment by way of Discilinary Action and
d) asking him/her to Submit his/herWritten Reply/Explanation in defence as to whu Disciplinary Action should not be taken;
2. On receipt of Written Reply Or in case No Reply is submitted in next Three Working Days because s/he refused to receive the Posted Envelope containing the Charge-sheete or the Same was Returned Undelivered by Postal Dept Remarks;
3. Get Office Order issued by Authorized Signatory ordering Enquiry into the Charges levelled in accordance with Principles of Natural Justice;
4. The Enquiry Officer or Committee issues Enquiry Notices advinsing Absenting Employee to particpate in Enquiry Proceedings on the Date, Time and Place of scheduled Enquiry; and
5. On conclusion of Enquiry or Ex parte Enquiry, Enquiry Officer/Committee should submit Enquiry Report with Definete and Conclusive Findings;
6. ACopy of the Enquiry Report be issued to the said Employee for submitting his/her Representation, if any aganist the Enquiry Report & Findings; and
7. Thereafter, as the case may be , the Punishning Authority to apply his/her Mind to Qauntum of Punishment to be imposed for the acts of proven Misconductbwhich must be Proportionate, NotArbitrary.
Kritarth Team of Serving Enquiry Officers,
20 May 2019