Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Sr.manager - Hr&admin

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All, My husband got into an accident during his working but company refused to pay his salary.
Hi, Your question is not clear. Whether the took place within the work premises while on duty or outside after office hours.? Please clarify
If your husband is an ESI covered employee, then the company should have sent the report of accident to ESI.In such cases, the injured has to go to the Medical Officer, ESI and collect the injury report and submit it to the ESI Corporation Branch Office.Once the accident is admitted, the salary will be paid to the bank account of the injured.
In case not under ESI, then the employer is under a legal obligation to pay compensation as per Employees Compensation Act. Obviously, Managers are not employees under the Act and if so, the company may even skip such compensation payment.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™