Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Kritarth Consulting
Posh Programs; Hr Management Consultants
Hr Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi, I have a doubt regarding the statutory bonus to be released for the employees in a financial year. My Company released bonus in the last financial year, but few employees left the organisation at the time of the release of the bonus. As per the government laws, the bonus should be given to the ex-employees too of that particular financial year, but we are unable to get in touch with three of them due to their address change and mobile number change. Now let me know what should be done in that case -----should cancel the bonus payment or what? Please guide
From India, Jaipur
One Way out is to seek & secure Help of the Co-Workers/Colleagues of such Ex-Employees whose Postal Address changed & surely info will be shared also send intimation Letter by Regd Post Ad to those 3-4 at thier Permannet Home Addresses recorded in yourEsta Records
Kritarth Team,

From India, Delhi
Dear Neha,
Yes; the statutory bonus has to be paid to employees who worked in the establishment during the concerned accounting year but left before its disbursement. I don't think that the Payment of Bonus Act,1965 has any specific provision for disposal of the unpaid bonus due to non-traceability of the left employees. Wherever Labor Welfare Boards are in existence under the State Labor Welfare Fund Act, certainly there are provisions relating to deposit of unpaid accumulations of amounts payable to workmen in industrial establishments under the Act. I think that the State of Rajasthan does not have such a State Labor Welfare Board. Therefore, you may keep the amount in unpaid a/c for some time; alternatively, you may deposit it with the Authority under the Payment of Wages Act,1936 as per sec.25-A of the Act.

From India, Salem
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™