Asst.manager -hr
Rahul Chhabra
Hr Professional

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I am working abroad for a well known company (HO in Singapore), in 2016 was stuck in a criminal case as self was HOD and offence was done by local person in department, case is still on going, but now my work permit is expiring in aug-19 but my employer are not willing to extend my work permit and not willing to give me job in another location.
Please advise what are the possibilities i can save my job in current company though they are not willing to extent my contract.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Please help us understand the nature of the offence, and if the proceedings are still going on.
Dear Mr. Rahul
Thanks for your message, nature of offence is that customs authority found change of cargo description in import manifest on customs system, our internal records were correct as per bill of lading issued, however customs found it matter of evading customs duty. matter is still only going in the court for last 3 years, now my work permit is expiring here but employer are not showing any interest in extending it and not even giving me correct answer as what will be my position if case is not sorted out as for my job they are not willing to give me transfer to another location, not willing to extend my permit at current location, and even not willing to give me job back in India so my question is until this court case is there can employer treat me the way they are doing or what are the options i have to safeguard my interest as with this criminal case ongoing i wont be able to get another employment as well.
Dear Dilmeet,
You need the correct and prompt suggestion on your issue so as per my knowledge better to take a Lawyer opinion.
Dear Sir
Please help to locate any suitable lawyer for consulting on this matter, also advise if lawyer has to be from my local working location or in India also i can proceed.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™