Thread Started by

One employee of my organization left service after serving 24 years w.e.f 14.08.2018 and joined service under another employer from 23.08.2018. On the very first day, the second employer allotted his account number under same UAN but he worked only one day there. Being dissatisfied, he did not continue the job from second day. After submitting resignation the second employer made exit from their portal w.e.f 01.09.2018. But no contribution was deposited by them.
Now, he wants to withdraw the amount lying in the account of the first employer. He is being unable to transfer the said amount into the second account i.e the current most account as the portal is saying that it is not possible since there is no amount lying. But when he is making claim for final withdrawal i.e Form 19, the second account (current most account) is being selected by default and accordingly claim is being rejected by EPFO as this is a vacant account.
Under the circumstances, what shall be done to withdraw the amount lying the first account ?
Please advice kindly.
20th April 2019 From India, Howrah
Dear Friend,
Your problems main concern is your second employer not paid anything in his account so its not possible to transfer or withdrawal the amount, for this issue, you need to contact EPFO office, only they can resolve the issue by transferring the account to new employer.
20th April 2019 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™