HI All,
I am Anand from Pune, I am working as in IT company. I met an accident 3 month back while i was going to office in office transport. i had L4-5 injured + Slip disk. i was hospitalized 4 days then 1 & half month bed rest. i join office for 2-3 days during this again by l4-5 hurt & i had root-block for this i was hospitalized for 3 days. during this company forced me to apply leave as there is no medical leave policy in the company. hospitalization done with group insurance however i paid 15% co payment + other charges. started working from one of the office location which is near to my home now company forcing me to join the my old location else take one month leave without pay or leave the company. still i am walking with the help of walker & doctor advice not to travel & sit for more than 45 minutes. i submitted this certificate but manages and directors not ready. as per them this accident is not company's responsibility and i have to join my old office location or leave the company.
Can you please advise me, can company legally deny this accident responsibility. if i can go legally under which act and where i can file the case

Dear Anand,
If you were employed as a software engineer, you cannot fit into the definition of employee u/s 2(1)(dd) of the Employees Compensation Act,1923 r.w its schedule II and as such you cannot claim any compensation under the Labor Laws. You can seek remedy under the MV Act,1988,

From India, Salem

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server